We recently purchased a popsicle mold and have been drowning in frozen smoothie pops ever since. The following recipe has been my favorite so far, which is adapted from a bag of frozen strawberries.
Personally, I prefer unfrozen smoothies, but my daughter prefers them in frozen form, which is just as well. I’m glad she likes this healthy treat – she can barely even wait for them to freeze!
- 1½ cups whole, fresh or frozen strawberries, mostly thawed
- 1 banana, sliced
- ½ cup fresh or frozen blueberries, mostly thawed
- 1½ cups low fat milk
- 1 cup low fat yogurt, any flavor (I used vanilla)
- 3 teaspoons sugar
- Place all ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth. Immediately enjoy, or pour into popsicle molds to freeze for a cold treat.
- With three different fruits, plus milk and yogurt, this frozen smoothie pop makes a great healthy treat for the kids.
- If you prefer, you can strain the smoothie through a fine sieve to remove the strawberry seeds and tiny pieces of blueberry skin.