Oh no! I’m almost out of Biscoff spread! Er, well, I’m scraping the bottom of jar #1. I do still have one jar left, but I have a feeling it won’t last much longer. I’m saving it as long as I can, to try to think of a stunning recipe to make with it. I’m trying to get away from the chocolate/Biscoff combination, as this is one that everyone is doing. But before I do so, I have to share with you these chocolate Biscoff bars. This is a recipe I couldn’t resist making.
I twisted up the recipe I posted earlier for no-bake chocolate peanut butter bars by replacing all of the peanut butter with Biscoff. Yeah, that’s nothing new, is it? Everyone’s replacing peanut butter with Biscoff. But this combination was so delicious, it was even better than the peanut butter version. I didn’t think anything could be better than chocolate & peanut butter in the same bite, but how wrong I was. It’s almost like chocolate and Biscoff belong together, especially in this particular recipe.
In the original recipe, I had added Nutella to the chocolate layer, but in this new recipe, I replaced it with, you guessed it, Biscoff. I didn’t use graham cracker crumbs either, because graham crackers don’t exist in Australia (at least not the commercial kind). I used Arnott’s Nice biscuits, as the taste is the most similar to graham crackers that I have found, as well as the crumb. However, if you’re lucky enough to have Biscoff cookies in your local shop, feel free to use those instead of graham crackers for that extra hit of Biscoff. Also, as Biscoff is sweeter than peanut butter, I reduced the sugar to a bit less than 1 1/4 cup. The chocolate I used was Lindt 70%.
I am in love with these.
I’m currently scouting for a Biscoff supplier until Australia can get with the program and start selling it to us! Does anyone know of any online shop that will ship Biscoff to Australia!? Pleeeease! 🙂
Want to know what happens when Biscoff meets ice? Check out my awesome recipe for chocolate Biscoff popsicles!
Are you loving my Biscoff recipes? Head over to Southern In Law and thank Kristy for providing me with the Biscoff that is keeping me alive!
- ¾ cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1 to 1¼ cups powdered sugar, to suit your tastes
- ¾ cup creamy Bisocff
- 1 stick unsalted butter, melted
- 6oz dark chocolate, chopped
- 2 teaspoons creamy Biscoff
- In a large mixing bowl, combine graham cracker crumbs, powdered sugar, ¾ cup Biscoff and butter and beat until combined. Press into a parchment-lined 8X8-inch pan, making sure top is smooth and level.
- Melt chocolate and 2 teaspoons Biscoff in a double boiler. Pour chocolate over Biscoff layer and spread out evenly (I tilted the pan around to get a smooth top, instead of spreading it out with a knife). Place pan in refrigerator just until chocolate is set and then cut into bars. Best served at room temperature.